Nate ‘n Al’s


The story of Nate’n Al’s began in 1945, when Nate Rimer and Al Mendelson first opened the doors of their original delicatessen on North Beverly Drive. Their dream was simple: to bring the finest deli favorites prepared with the best ingredients to their friends and neighbors. As Nate’n Al’s reputation for quality and customer service grew, so did their tiny deli, which expanded to include a sit-down dining room and a full menu of breakfast, lunch, and dinner offerings. It was during this time of expansion that Al Mendelson took over the restaurant, bringing on his wife, Tessie, to serve as his cashier. For over thirty years, Al and Tessie could be found behind the counter, greeting customers and bringing hearty, lovingly prepared dishes to their beloved community.

We are proud to continue to build and grow Al’s dream today; bringing classic deli favorites and more to new generations of customers. We stand behind the humble ideals that have guided Nate’n Al’s for over 70 years: quality ingredients, service with heart, and food we’re proud to share with our friends.